Women proposing : Why it won’t happen?
So a friend of mine proposed today and of course he said yes. There was no doubt that he would because a more perfect couple you rarely see. I’m sure it was beautiful and that they will have an amazing marriage. MAZEL TOV!! (clinks virtual champagne flute until our next girly drink session at The Aubrey)
That said let’s keep it real. The majority of us will not be proposing and I’ll tell you why :
- We are traditional when it suits us and only when it suits us. The rest of the time we are card carrying feminists who believe that men should do the asking and us the decision making. Equality is really whatever we want it to be. Men chase, women choose as they say. This is the only double standard afforded to women so I don’t mind using it today.
- We don’t want to buy a ring. Hello have you seen the price of a 3 carat diamond princess cut ring these days? But that’s not the reason as I assume the ring bought is a ring she buys for herself? (Looks in piggy bank and doubts 12 £2 coins will crack it.
- What gift? I know nothing about engagement gifts for me. It’s just not set up that way. I would consider proposing if society changes and men start wearing engagement rings. I would want everyone to know that he was taken and by a woman who has tastes. Shame men’s rings are so bloody dull. Might I suggest a small engagement tattoo near the earlobe to indicate he’s taken? £30 well spent. Hmmm, I still need £6 more.
- Women worry that you will say yes out of politeness. Men have this annoying habit of not wanting to hurt our feelings. So they’ll keep sleeping with us even if they are in love with someone else. So a yes is never a guaranteed 100% yes. Best you ask her.
- Women aren’t used to rejection. We can’t even cope when a baby starts crying in our arms
- We are cowards. We aren’t as strong as all you big brave men.
- Why? Men ask us all the time so for us to do the asking would be us spoiling you and let’s face it your egos are big enough without us inflating it with proposals of marriage
- We are spoilt. This isn’t going to chance on one day in 4 years. You indulge us and we love it.
That all said I do believe we should ask more and therefore I take this opportunity to ask someone out. He knows who he is. Will you go out with me? (Brown Sugar moment)
Yes, No, Maybe? Text me the answer BEFORE the end of the radio show tonight. (Gulps nervously and wonders if I should just get my Mum to text me instead?)
Join in the discussion on Proposals and Leap year tonight on In Bed with Chelsea #IBWC 10pm to midnight on www.playvybz.com