Summer of Nigistence
Now I complain about Nigistence a lot. I know but there is a reason my precious. West African men are already persistence enough but they also tend towards an unusual bum fetish which renders us big butt women a risk of Nigistence at every turn .
I was walking home from Green Park contemplating some of the conversation held. It was a day in the park with friends to celebrate summer. A perfect lazy day. As I near my house I notice a car pulling into a paved area for pedestrians. This is highly irregular and I stop to wait for him to turn and get onto the pavement.
He stops the car as I approach and winds down the window. I see….
I ask him if he’s lost and he says that he’s not lost but that he wants to talk to me. I’m carrying shopping. He asks me if I live around here. I give a vague wave to the area. He then says those 7 unlucky words that women loathe:
Nigistence: I want to get to know you
Me: OK but I’m too busy and I don’t want to get to know you.
Nigistence: We can make time. We can always make time
Me: But I don’t want to make time.
Nigistence: What’s your name?
Me: [pause] Charlotte?
Nigistence: MY name is Joe. Let’s get to know each other
Me: Thanks but I don’t want to get to know you…I have a man [silently prays that this isn’t the jinx]
Nigistence: I don’t want to be your boyfriend. I want to be your friend
Me: No. I have enough friends. You do know that this isn’t a road?
Nigistence: I know. I like the way you look. Let’s get to know each other
Me: So why are you driving on the pavement?
Nigistence: I saw you earlier. I like the way you look. I am doing a U turn. Where are you from, Somalia?
Me: erm, yeah?
Nigistence: [gleefully] I KNEW IT! You look Somalian!
Me: That’s because I am. Where are you from?
Nigistence: Originally from Nigeria.
Me: OK I have to go.
Nigistence: Wait, can we get to know each other?
Nigistence: Ok and he drives off.
So you see my precious I do not make up these tales for your amusement. I live them. I just have a few questions of men.
1) Why would you stop and talk to a random woman on the street unless to fuck her and even then, why? She could be crazy.
2) S drive by flirting / pick up a new sport I’m not aware of? This would be a guaranteed GOLD for Nigeria. No one else need enter.
3) Would you please stop directing questions to Azania (my butt) and not think I won’t notice you aren’t looking at my face?
4) Is is feasible to suggest that there are enough women in London that drive by flirting isn’t necessary ?
5) Will there ever be a time when women are safe in the summer to wear what they like? I would like to clarify that despite my earlier threats I did not wear shorts.
Sadly summer is almost over in the UK. But the one thing I will not miss is the Nigistence of men.
© Chelsea Black