I’ve noticed a few people post a photo of the pregnant bikini clad woman at carnival. Apparently to some this was a sign of bad motherhood. I can’t see how but then I suspect most wanted her to stay at home or dress up more. See the image for suggestions. I would like to take this opportunity to comment on some carnival fashions that could do with being skipped next year. Let me be clear; The freedom to express oneself through fashion is one that I support wholeheartedly. However there must be some rules to defend the community from criminals:
- Leggings with bucket knickers. Yes it’s carnival but that’s no excuse for VPLs – Visible panty lines under clothes people! All this does is create 4 butts instead of 2. More to grab onto perhaps?
- Lycra that has been washed too much and has lost all elasticity. Learn to say goodbye to that dress from 10 years ago
- Size 14 Lycra that is punished on thighs and bellies that are a size 22. This isn’t a scientific experiment.
- All your good clothes in one day. No lovely choose an outfit and go for it! Coordinate or Clash but do it consciously.
- All your gold jewellery at once. No wonder the procession moves so slowly. It’s hard dragging that extra weight around.
I’m all for fashion freedom trust me I dress for me and me only but if these 5 golden rules are followed I’m sure it wouldn’t give the discerning anything to talk about. I won’t say anything on hair as I think black women get enough of a raw deal on this but, those with long hair, stop with the flicking it in other people’s faces. You know who you are. Always the blondes 😛
And don’t get me started on excessive adult face painting. All it says is that someone isn’t planning on going clubbing later….you hope.
© Chelsea Black